Unijoysticle 2 A500 is a device that enables Bluetooth gamepads and mice on the Commodore Amiga.
It is similar in functionality to the Unijoysticle 2+, but with some additional features tailored for the Amiga, like:
- Fits in the Amiga 500 / 1200 joystick port without additional cables
- New buttons:
- “mode” button: To easily cycle between “normal”, “mouse” and “enhanced” modes
- “swap” button: To easily swap joystick ports. Useful in many scenarios, specially in the Amiga 4000 where the joystick ports are swapped.
- Additional LED for status: Tells whether Bluetooth pair is enabled, and in which gamepad mode is selected.
In addition to that, the firmware (Bluepad32) was updated to support:
- Mouse support: this was #1 feature request!
- Console support: useful to change settings in runtime like:
- change mouse resolution
- change autofire clicks-per-second
- debug commands
- and other useful settings
- Improved re-connection on PlayStation and Switch gamepads.
See all the new Bluepad32 v3.5 features here: Bluepad32 v3.5 released
And last, but not least, the User Guide has been updated with new content, photos and videos to make it easier to read for the user:
How to get one
I sell ready-to-use Unijoysticle 2 A500 devices, fully-tested, with latest firmware at $35:
You can also build one yourself. The hardware as well as the firmware are open source / open hardware:
It looks like this…
As you can see, it looks like the Unijoysticle 2+.
And you have to plug it in the joystick ports of your Amiga computer.
Amiga 1200 has enough current to self-power the Unijoysticle from the joystick ports. For the Amiga 500 you need to power it from the USB port.
Here is the 1st batch of devices ready to be shipped.