Like the original Unijoysticle, but remove WiFi and add Bluetooth.
Unijoysticle 2 allows you to use modern Bluetooth gamepads, like Sony DualSense or Nintendo Switch gamepads (among many others) in old computers like the Commodore 64 or Amiga. Mouse is also supported on the Amiga!
And of course, you can still use your unicycle to control your retro computer!
Unijoysticle 2+ / A500 $35 (or trade)
|Unijoysticle 2 A500||Unijoysticle 2+|
- Comes fully assembled, with latest firmware, fully tested.
Want to trade? Contact me directly at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ricardoquesada
Unijoysticle 2+ / A500: DIY (free!)
Unijoysticle 2+ / A500 is open-source hardware! You can Do-it-Yourself. All the needed components are here:
Remixes and 3rd-party vendors
For a list of 3rd party vendors / remixes, go here: Remixes and 3rd party vendors
Supported Bluetooth controllers
As long as it is a Bluetooth Classic HID controller, it is supported (or can be easily supported).
Sony DualSense, Sony Dualshock 3 & 4, Xbox Wireless m.1708, Nintendo Wii / Wii U / Switch, Android, iCade and PC gamepads are supported.
See the complete list here
Supported retro computers
The Unijoysticle 2 was designed for Commodore 64/128, but anything that complies with the Atari DB9 pinout works. See this list: http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/DB9-Joystick
Supported, but not limited to, computers:
- Commodore 64 / 64C / SX-64
- Commodore 128 / 128D
- Amiga 500, 1200, etc.
- Commodore 16 & Plus/4 (requires two DB9 adapters)
- Commodore Vic-20 (contains only one joystick port. One cable extension needed)
- Atari 8-bit line (doesn’t fit, requires two cable extensions)
- Atari ST (see Amiga / Atari ST doc.)
One Bluetooth gamepad controls one joystick. You need two gamepads to control the two joysticks. The mappings are:
- D-pad/joypad: controls up/down/left/right.
- Button A: fire button
- Button B: “up” (ideal for platform games).
- Button shoulder-right: autofire.
- System button swaps between Joystick #1 and #2
When in “Enhanced mode”, you control the two joysticks with only one gamepad. The mappings are:
- Left joypad / d-pad: control Joystick #2 movements.
- Right joypad: control Joystick #1 movements.
- Button A: fire for Joystick #2
- Button B: fire for Joystick #1
- Button Shoulder Left: auto-fire for Joystick #1
- Button Shoulder Right : auto-fire for Joystick #2
This mode is ideal for games like Commando 2084, Commando or 1942 since it allows you throw grenades / roll by pressing Button B.
[Feature only available in Unijoysticle 2 A500 model]
In Mouse mode you control the mouse from a gamepad.
- Left or Right axis control the cursor movement
- Button A / Cross: left button
- Button B / Circle: right button
- Button X / Square: middle button
Note: Mouse emulation only works on Atari ST / Amiga computers.
The Users Guide including how to solder the kit, how to use it, and more can be found here:
- Discord: https://discord.gg/r5aMn6Cw5q (preferred)
- User group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/unijoysticle