Like the original Unijoysticle, but remove WiFi and add Bluetooth.
Unijoysticle 2 allows you to use modern Bluetooth controllers, like Xbox One or DUALSHOCK 4 gamepads, in old computers like the Commodore 64.
And of course, you can still use your unicycle to control your retro computer!
One Bluetooth gamepad controls one joystick. You need two gamepads to control the two joysticks. The mappings are:
- D-pad/joypad: controls up/down/left/right.
- Button A: fire button
- Button B: “up” (ideal for platform games).
- Button shoulder-right: autofire.
- System button swaps between Joystick #1 and #2
When in “Enhanced mode”, you control the two joysticks with only one gamepad. The mappings are:
- Left joypad / d-pad: control Joystick #2 movements.
- Right joypad: control Joystick #1 movements.
- Button A: fire for Joystick #2
- Button B: fire for Joystick #1
- Button Shoulder Left: auto-fire for Joystick #1
- Button Shoulder Right : auto-fire for Joystick #2
Unijoysticle 2+ $35 (or trade)
- $35 USD + shipping (Paypal)
- or trade: I trade a Unijoysticle 2+ for one of your retro inventions
- Comes fully assembled, with latest firmware, fully tested.
- Micro USB cable not included
Contact me for availability / questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unijoysticle 2+: DIY (free!)
Unijoysticle 2+ is open-source hardware! You can Do-it-Yourself. All the needed components are here:
From 3rd-party vendors
|Vendor: Kopsec |
Description: Already assembled + case
Price: 69,99 € + shipping
|Vendor: Arananet |
Description: Single joystick version, ideal for Amiga
Price: 21,00 € + shipping
|Vendor: Eduardo Casino|
Description: Unijoysticle2 for the C16 & Plus/4
Price: Contact author for availability
Further info: PCBWay page
Description: Fits in the Amiga 500
Price: Free, DIY
Further info: https://gitlab.com/SukkoPera/unijoysticle2
Supported Bluetooth controllers
As long as it is a Bluetooth Classic HID controller, it is supported (or can be easily supported).
Sony Dualshock 3 & 4, Sony DualSense, Xbox One S, Nintendo Wii / Wii U / Switch, Android, iCade and PC gamepads are supported.
See the complete list here: supported_gamepads.md
Supported retro computers
The Unijoysticle 2 was designed for Commodore 64/128, but anything that complies with the Atari DB9 pinout works. See this list: http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/DB9-Joystick
Supported, but not limited to, computers:
- Commodore 64 / 64C / SX-64
- Commodore 128 / 128D
- Commodore 16 & Plus/4 (requires two DB9 adapters)
- Commodore Vic-20 (contains only one joystick port. One cable extension needed)
- Atari 8-bit line (doesn’t fit, requires two cable extensions)
- Amiga / Atari ST (see Amiga / Atari ST doc.)
The Users Guide including how to solder the kit, how to use it, and more can be found here:
- Discord: https://discord.gg/r5aMn6Cw5q
- User group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/unijoysticle
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ricardoquesada