Like the original Unijoysticle, but remove WiFi and add Bluetooth.
Unijoysticle 2 allows you to use modern Bluetooth gamepads, e.g Xbox One gamepad, in old computers like the Commodore 64 & 128.
And of course, you can still use your unicycle to control your retro computer!
One Bluetooth gamepad controls one joystick. You need two gamepads to control the two joysticks. The mappings are:
- D-pad/joypad: controls up/down/left/right.
- Button A: fire button
- Button B: “up” (ideal for platform games).
- Button shoulder-right: autofire.
- System button swaps between Joystick #1 and #2
When in “Enhanced mode”, you control the two joysticks with only one gamepad. The mappings are:
- Left joypad / d-pad: control Joystick #2 movements.
- Right joypad: control Joystick #1 movements.
- Button A: fire for Joystick #2
- Button B: fire for Joystick #1
- Button Shoulder Left: auto-fire for Joystick #1
- Button Shoulder Right : auto-fire for Joystick #2
The Unijoysticle 2 kit: for sale or trade
You can get the kit:
- $30 USD + shipping (Paypal)
- or by trade: the Unijoysticle 2 kit in exchange for one of your retro products
Contact me at: email@example.com
The Kit comes with:
- All the needed components.
- Soldering required. All components are through-hole
- Firmware comes pre-installed
The difference between the blue and black kits are:
- Blue kit comes with blue PCB and MH-ET ESP32 Mini Kit
- Black kit comes with black PCB and ESP32 TTGO Mini
You can source the components from here:
- MCU: MH-ET Live ESP32 Mini Kit (blue) or ESP32 TTGO Mini (black)
- Some ESP32 Mini Kits don’t come with the needed 2.54mm male-male header pins. You can get some from: here.
- Remaining components: Digikey Unijoysticle 2 list (you must be logged in into DigiKey).
Supported Bluetooth devices
As long as it is a Bluetooth Classic HID device, it is supported (or can be easily supported).
Sony Dualshock 4, Xbox One S, Nintendo Wii / Wii U, Android, iCade and PC gamepads are supported. See the complete list here: supported_gamepads.md
Supported retro computers
The Unijoysticle 2 was designed for Commodore 64/128, but anything that complies with the Atari DB9 pinout works. See this list: http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/DB9-Joystick
Supported, but not limited to, computers:
- Commodore 64 / 64C / SX-64
- Commodore 128 / 128D
- Commodore 16 & Plus/4 [*]
- Commodore Vic-20 [**]
- ZX-Uno [**]
- Atari 8-bit line [***]
- Amiga line [****]
- Atari ST line [****]
[*]: Requires two DB9 adapters.
[**]: Contains only one joystick port. One cable extension needed.
[***]: Doesn’t fit, requires two cable extensions.
[****]: Doesn’t fit, requires two cable extensions. Buttons 2 & 3 in joystick #2 are not mapped.
The Users Guide including how to solder the kit, how to use it, and more can be found here:
- User group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/unijoysticle
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ricardoquesada