UniJoystiCle v0.4.0-RC (Release Candidate) released. Mega update!
- iOS client v0.4.6: App Store
- Android client v0.4.10: Google Play
- macOS client v0.4.0: UniJoystiCle Controller.dmg
- win32 client v0.4.0: unijoysticle_controller.win32.zip
- Firmware v0.4.5: unijoysticle_firmware.bin
- Source code + schematic + layout: https://github.com/ricardoquesada/unijoysticle
Latest versions can be downloaded from here: http://ricardoquesada.github.io/unijoysticle/
- Use your Xbox game controllers to play C64 games! (from the Win32 client)
- Use any iOS or Android game controller to play C64 games! (from the iOS/ Android client)
- Play games like Commando and Turrican II by only using your game controller. “Space” is mapped to button “B”. There is no need to press the “spacebar”
- Put your device in Station mode (share your local Wifi network).
- [NEW] Docs: Added documentation. See DOCUMENTATION.md
- [NEW] ESP8266 Schematic: Reduced real state. Compatible with C128D and SX-64
- [NEW] ESP8266 Schematic: Uses Wemos D1 Mini v2 instead of NodeMCU to reduce the real state even more. Making it smaller than 5x5cm. Cheaper to produce
- D1 Mini v2 uses CH340 USB-to-UART chip instead of the CP2102.
- [NEW] Firmware: Added support for Station mode with or without WPS.
- [NEW] Firmware: Added stats: how many joysticks movements are done, and how
many seconds are spent in each movement
- [NEW] Firmware: Added mini webserver (http://unijoysticle.local). Use it to
view the stats, to set SSID/passwd, to change to Station mode, to
change the MDNS name, to set the interval timeout, and more
- [NEW] Client: Added Commando Mode:
- [NEW] Client: Added Commodore Home mode:
- It’s “Home automation for the masses, not the classes”
- Replaced the old Linear mode
- [NEW] Android Client: new client for android. Supports:
- UniJoystiCle mode
- Dpad mode + controllers: Generic and OUYA game controllers
- Commando mode: Generic and OUYA game controllers
- Commodore Home mode
- Resolves unijoyticle.local address
- Can display the server stats from Settings
- Basically it supports all iOS features except Gyruss mode
- [NEW] iOS Client: D-Pad works with MFi and iCade game controllers.
- When in iCade mode, button A and D act as Fire, and buttons B and C and jump
- [NEW] iOS Client: When using game controllers, optionally jump with button B.
- [NEW] iOS Client: When using game controllers, buttons A and B can be swapped
- [NEW] Tests: New Commodore 64 prg to test the UniJoystiCle + instructions
- [FIX] Android Client / iOS Client: In settings, the default WiFi address is ‘unijoysticle.local’
(instead of 192.168.4.1). Needed when in Station mode
- [FIX] Android Client / iOS Client: Instead of sending the state 60 times per
seconds, it sends twice per state change. Saves battery life!
- [FIX] iOS Client: Gravity Mode renamed to Gyruss Mode
- [FIX] iOS Client: UniJoystiCle Mode: rotation direction fixed.
- [FIX] iOS Client: Settings: refactored. Looks nicer. Using Navigation Controller + TableView
- [FIX] iOS Client: Launch screen is the same as the first initial screen. Better UX
- [FIX] iOS Client: Settings + Launch screen work both in Portrait and Landscape modes
- [FIX] iOS Client: source code migrated to Swift 3.0 (Xcode 8.1)