…or How to use a 64-bit machine to control a Commodore 64.
No schematics or PCBs yet. But at least I have the materials that I’m using:
- One Lolin NodeMCU (should work with any other ESP8266 that have at least five GPIOs)
- Two 4066 ICs. I’m using this one.
…and this is the software that I’m using both for the NodeMCU firmware and the iOS client:
More info and upgrades coming soon.
- Support two joysticks at the same time (for multiplayer games)
- Support mouse
- Support paddle
- Save/Replay commands so that you can kind-of-replay your game
- Service discovery so that you don’t have to hardcore the IP address